Sunday, September 19, 2010

Anonymous thoughts....on my blog :o)

Confession, I keep writing August when I am putting down a date...and we're halfway through September. Crazy. I'm going to try to be better at writing here--so here's today's entry:

I went to Lance's farewell today, he's on his way to New Zealand on October 18th. He has grown up so much. It really excites me to see all of my siblings developing into these great adults. It's like watching a ripple grow in a pool of water--they will be an influence for good for so many. I adore them. I'm excited for Lance to go into the mission field.

Kelly has been accepted at the Utah School of Massage Therapy and will start school on the 17th. I'm so excited for her. I know that she will do so well there--and I'm looking forward to bartering for some back massages. :o)

I taught the lesson in Sunday School at church today and learned so much. Can I just say that I love that we have a living prophet and apostles? As I prepared this lesson I came to realize how close I feel to these people that I've never met, because they love the Lord--they are His servants--and they're here to help me. I am so excited about General Conference. I can't even tell you how excited I am. I've already started a list of questions that I want to find answers to as I listen. I know that you're curious--but no I won't tell you. :o) You'll just have to write some of your own.

After church I sat in the warm sun and read the Ensign cover to cover. I haven't done that in a long time. There were so many things that I needed to hear...or ummm, read. But out of everything, I think the biggest take always were some thoughts that came to me after just sitting there for a bit. We have a God who loves us...that's all I have to say. Life just isn't quite fair...it's better than that. :o)

No comments: