Monday, August 23, 2010

The Next Phase

Now that the trip to Guatemala is over I've been searching and searching for the next phase--the next project--the next set of goals. But I know that what I need to work on more than anything else is my relationship with Heavenly Father.

I've noticed that my relationship with my parents has changed over the last couple of years--they treat me as an adult, and not just as their child. I've also become aware of a change in my relationship with my Heavenly parent--who is also giving me opportunities to learn and develop. I realized today that his roles have been constant. The roles that I know He held in the past continue to be pertinent today. For example, He is the Creator--and my understanding of the creation also helps me to understand how He continues to set up moments full of beauty--because He values it. I also learn from this role that I can follow His example and create beauty and grandeur in my life.

He also holds the roles of teacher, parent, and light bearer. There is no other relationship that is more important than the one that I can have with He who knows me best. I have a lot to learn--but I'm in the right place to absorb all that He wants to teach me.

No comments: