Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Square Root of Peace [October 3]

I'm feeling a word opposite in meaning to apprehension. This morning I took the GRE, an entrance exam for graduate school. The relationship between me and that test is analogous to David:Goliath. And that is a strong relationship because, like David, I needed some divine intervention, and like David, I got it. I lost my job just in time to devote two weeks completely to study, and was given the peace and direction I needed to get a satisfactory score. Without a doubt, there is evidence to support the assumption that I am one blessed individual.

To make my new-found freedom from ETS and Peterson's test-prep books even more complete, I also submitted my last grad school application. Now I just need to wait until I hear back from the schools in the spring. I'm applying to the Instructional Design MS programs at BYU, Utah State, and Indiana University Bloomington. The application process has been a full-time job, both refining and cumbersome in nature. With a very real sense of dualism, I am excited to have the process behind me--I am grateful to have completed the process and I'm grateful to have it completed.

Now I stand looking over the vastness of the world in front of me. What is the next goal? Where is the next peak? What am I aiming for now? The possibilities are endless. The difficulty comes in accepting the limitations of a 24 hour day. That being said, what a perfect time for General Conference!

I felt like the emphasis of the talks today were on our being children of God. After a bit of reflection I could see the wisdom of this concept being emphasized above all others. We can only begin to understand who we are when we begin to understand Whose we are. He listens to our prayers because we are His. He loves us and guides us because we are His. He doesn't give up on us because we are His. Our past has been noble, pure, and great...and our future is destined to be noble, pure, and great. We can do great things because we are children of God. Good things are ahead! I'm grateful for the guidance of a God who loves me.

No comments: