Saturday, August 21, 2010

In Guatemala July 13, 2010

The past two days have been awesome. We (the medical team) took a cattle car across this beautiful collection of vistas. I’ve been teaching the Health and Sanitation classes in a hut with two interpreters (English to Spanish and Spanish to Ketchi). I feel like I’m in Star Wars taling to the Ewoks and I listen to the translation). :o) The people are amazing and the kinds have been so much fun. When the class isn’t running I’ve been playing in the grassy area with them. They’re so cute! I love this.
Lessons I’m learning: Take time to play with kids, the ability to communicate open the door to opportunity—temporally and spiritually, you can do things that you didn’t think you could do, 80% of communication is non-verbal (show others that you care about them more than just with your words), make friends with everyone, an efficient life doesn’t make effective life, say “thank you” often, LISTEN loudly (show that you care with your body language), slow down and listen, it’s better to try than to give up (speak English do the best you can – some will get through, be more open, choose how to live your life.

No comments: