Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Introduction: [June 2009]

I think that even the most spontaneous of actions come from moments of careful planning. In this case of the appearance of this posting, this unexpected event has been a year or so in the making. Confession: I have a fetish for introductions. Strange, I know. I am a progressionist by nature (yes, I just made up that word). I like to have a clear understanding of something's purpose and to be able to see the beginning, development, and end. And I couldn't start posting my thoughts without giving you a clear insight into what to expect here--not after springing out of nowhere like this.

Warning: I'm about to get personal. I think that we all have our fair-share of addictions: things that touch our core and unleash something that we love to feel. My addiction is talking about things that I'm passionate about. And that could be just about anything. I love gaining and passing on understanding and clarity. I love feeling that I can see a concept from all 360 degrees. It's only at that point that I feel I can manipulate that concept to use that knowledge, explain it to others, and apply it to other aspects of life. I get excited just thinking about it.

I also have a deep-rooted and inexplicable fear of forgetting. Maybe it's just that life is just so priceless and the company so inspring that I'm afraid that somehow I'll lose the sweet memories. And with those memories all I've learned from the people I've met. I've kept a journal since I was ten or so as a result. This is going to become a memory keeper for me now--I'm just not willing to make time for both. This will be an ecletic experience--a collection of a few of my favorite things--an attempt to organize the kaos in my head so that I can sleep soundly.

That being said, I feel my introduction is complete. For better or for worse I'm publishing my thoughts for all to see. You're about to put on a pair of my contacts and see the world from my perspective.

No comments: